The role of Director of Operations is to lead all General Managers within their area by giving them the direction and support they need to accomplish company goals. They are responsible for the profitably, training & development, customer experience, and product quality of all restaurants in his/her area. The desired candidate is someone who exemplifies the company’s culture and values in all decisions and encourages his/her team to do the same.
What We Are Looking For:
Passionate, people-first leaders who are intelligent, driven, high-energy, and able to motivate their teams. You give high-fives for a living? Perfect! We want leaders who become mentors to their staff and encourage them to be successful in their roles. A Director of Operations should be able to set clear expectations of company standards to their staff, identify gaps in their training, and work with them to ensure they have the knowledge and skills needed to be successful. The Director of Operations is also expected to contribute in the recruitment of new staff, ensuring they exemplify the core values of the company.
The Director of Operations will be expected problem-solve, collaborate and review with the following people to ensure that their team is operating in a manner that aligns with the overall business plan of the area:
- Collaborate with the General Managers to identify issues in each unit’s day to day operations.
- Ensure that the Marketing Team utilizes media, sponsorships, and examples of community involvement effectively in the marketing plan.
- Appraise current training programs designed by the Training Team and provide direction when dealing with restaurants that are lagging in their performance.
- Determine the needs of the Recruiting Team and give direction as they develop recruitment strategies for all positions.
- Collaborate with the Central Office in the personnel management of each team, including compensation, performance review, expense management as well as PTO review and approvals.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Operations experience in the retail or restaurant industries.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding Interpersonal Skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Willing to Travel.
- Great work ethic and “hands-on” leadership approach.
- Result driven and action-oriented.
- Ability to think critically and make definitive decisions based off of analytical data.
- Ability to look at the “big picture” as well as unit performance.